Tuesday, September 8, 2015

hospitals & holidays

Over the last 3 years, Bailey has spent most of the holidays at St Jude. Whether inpatient, or for chemo, she's been here. Actually, the last 3 years she has been at the hospital for each birthday. St Jude is amazing and they really make the kids feel special on that special day. There's balloons and confetti, singing and laughing. And if you're B, the occasional visit to the hospital gift shop. She may or may not have her doctor wrapped around her little sweet fingers. 

During our stay, Thanksgiving rolled on by. Bailey was so sad. She adores holidays. I mean she doesn't want a single one to feel left out. Whether it's St Patrick's Day, Labor Day, 4th of July...and obviously we go big for Valentine's, Christmas and Halloween. 

My parents were sweet enough to come to town. They made an amazing dinner for our boys and made sure they felt loved. B even let Will stay the night with her, leaving her was heartbreaking. I know she loved having her daddy there, but the amount of medication they kept her on only increased the emotions. I was able to spend a night with my parents and feed myself and Davis a few plates of dinner. 


{Sweet B with her daddy}


{Happy Thanksgiving Sweet Baby Girl}


{Bailey and my mom, her MeMe. I didn't get a picture with her Papaw. He had the sniffles and was extremely worried and concerned for her help. Poor guy. Plus I know just seeing B like this was hard for them. Grandparents ache for more than their grand babies, but their children as well.}


{B enjoying a new iSpy book. She had a love/hate relationship with this activity. Again, I blame the drugs. Poor girl couldn't find something, we'd help, this would make her cry, led into another issue. It could be exhausting at times.}

Overall, spending Thanksgiving in the hospital wasn't so bad. The other thing we really missed was being home with our family. And we knew that day was coming soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment